From time to time we'll post some of Brigitte's special recipes.
Flourless Black Bean Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Oil an 8x8" square baking dish.
2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, & sweetener in a blender; blend until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 minutes.
Indian Butter Cauliflower
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. While oven is heating up, add chopped cauliflower, 1 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, tandoori seasoning and salt to a large bowl. Mix well so that all of the cauliflower pieces are coated
3. Add cauliflower to a baking sheet and cook in pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. In a large skillet, add 2 Tbsp oil and heat on medium heat. Once warmed, add onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili powder , turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon, and mix well. Add crushed tomatoes, and mix until combined.
5. Simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes, then add coconut milk and sugar, Mix well and cook for another 4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add in the cooked cauliflower and cook until everything is heated through.
5. Serve over rice, quinoa or grain of your choice.
Black Beans and Rice
Sauté 3/4 c. onions, garlic, and bay leaves in oil. Add black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and corn. Simmer until heated through and flavours meld.
Make a mound of cooked rice on a platter. Pour bean mixture over rice and top with remaining onions and shredded cheese.
Ottawa Events Ottawa News & Weather